Trained Engineer whose fascination with human brain and behavior motivated her to follow Neuropsychology.
My work broadly focuses on the interactions among cognitive control, emotions and personality. Understanding the influence of emotion on cognitive control is crucial as both affective and cognitive systems are intrinsically connected and enable coherent behavior in real life. My current projects focus on how we perceive our own voice expressed with neutral (non-emotional) and emotional (e.g., anger or pleasure) intonations. I particularly answer the questions “Is this my voice?” or “Does it sound like me?” in the context of auditory verbal hallucinations in clinical and non-clinical voice-hearers.
- Cognitive Control
- Individual differences
- Attentional bias
- Self-voice perception
- Auditory verbal hallucinations
- Behavioural measures
- Software: SPM, Brainvoyager, Letswave, EEGlab, NBS Presentation, EPRIME, SPSS, Origin Lab
Qualifications and Professional Experience
- 2017 – Present: PhD candidate, Maastricht University, Netherlands
- 2018 – 2019: Research fellow, University of Lisbon, Portugal.
- 2016 – 2017: Research assistant, Maastricht University, Netherlands
- 2015 – 2017: Research Masters in Clinical and Cognitive Neuroscience, Maastricht University
- 2014 – 2015: Neuropsychologist at National Brain Research Centre, India
- 2012 – 2014: Research and Development Engineer at National Brain Research Centre, India
- 2009 – 2011: Masters in Technology (Bio-medical Engineering), Andhra University, India
- 2009 – 2011: Masters in Arts (Psychology), Andhra University, India
- 2005 – 2009: Bachelors in Engineering (Electronic Instrumentation and Control Engineering), Rajasthan University, India
- Duggirala, S.X., Schwartze, M., Pinheiro, A.P., & Kotz, S.A. (in preparation). Emotional self-voice perception and its relationship with hallucinatory proneness: an EEG study.
- Duggirala, S.X., Belyk, M., Kanske, P., Kotz, S.A. (submitted). Differential neural effects of negative and positive emotions on cognitive control.
- Duggirala, S.X., Schwartze, M., Pinheiro, A.P., & Kotz, S.A. (2020). Interaction of emotion and cognitive control along the psychosis continuum: A critical review. International Journal of Psychophysiology, 147, 156-175. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpsycho.2019.11.004
- Duggirala, S.X., Saharan, S., Raghunathan, P., Mandal, P.K. (2016). Stimulus-dependent modulation of working memory for identity monitoring: A functional MRI study. Brain and Cognition, 102, 55-64. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bandc.2015.12.006
For more details please send an email to email@example.com